MFS - Memory Foam System
The MFS system ensures perfect adjustment to the foot; the latest air-active technology guarantees optimum ventilation and breathability and makes the MFS models genuine high-tech products. Meindl's best selling trekking boots model is the "Island" produced for more than 20 years under continuous development and improvements and has received numerous awards.
Original DiGAfix Technology
DiGAfix, the flexible, diagonal retaining system in the instep area exerts no pressure on the foot and allows for the ideal "counter lacing". Traction starts at the right spot, the hook is higher and protrudes less.
For optimum lacing and fixing with DiGAfix, the fixing point lies much deeper than the pull hook. Locking hooks for two zone lacing.
Air-Active Soft Print Drysole
The soft print foam is put directly on the drysole fleece. No glue is used for connecting the two materials to ensure optimum moisture transfer. Soft cushioning along the entire surface of the footbed.
Support Zones in the PU Wedge
Scientific motion studies are the basis for all the boots Meindl develop, because they provide information about toe-heel movement, pressure distribution and the zones that need supporting. The heel-toe movement starts at the outer heel and continues in a rather straight line to the toes. Meindl support soles are typical examples of how to implement scientific finding in boots.
Feet that tend to twist outwards are supported by the supination support that adds to the correct rolling movement of the foot.
Feet that turn slightl inwards are supported in the inner heel area by the pronation support and are aided to walk with the correct action.
Tough on the outside - soft on the inside. That's high-tech for your feet. The MFS Vacuum technology with special, padded foam makes perfect adjustment to any foot shape possible. The strong upper shell optimises stability and ensures optimum protection. The MFS Vakuum is the perfect combination of materials, technology and workmanship.
The carbon frame technology guarantees more stability in the heel; and with the special PU wedge along the entire length, perfect shock absorption and heel-to-toe movement are ensured.
MFS Vakuum Technology In The Footbed - For a new definition of fit
- Perfect adjustment to any foot shape and optimum pressure distribution across the entire treading surface
- The fleece absorbs moisture and removes it downward
- Sturdy and absorbent upper material
B-Dynamic Technology In The Footbed
- Sturdy and absorbent upper
- MFS Vakuum foam for individual adjustment
- A layer of PE foam for optimum shock-absorption
- Spring made from permanently elastic POM material for dynamic adjustment to the longitudinal arc and form fit between sole (inside) and foot
Shoe making at it's best
Meindl have been convinced of the traditional craftmanship of double stitching for generations. This tradition requires absolute mastery and only very few shoemakers still command the skill to do it. Some of our mountain and trekking boots, and of course most of our classic brogues, are genuinely double-stitched. They stand out with their particularly high quality and outstanding long service life. The typical feature of a double stitched boots is the visible double seam.
- High quality leather
- Insole from vegetable tanned leather
- Made by hand
- Soft midsoles
Stable and yet extremely light boots for sure footedness - even on the most demanding days. Perfect suitability to the terrain and optimum stability in the upper makes Meindl alpine models stand out.
High-tech In Practice
Meindl's facility is based at the foot of the Alps where the going gets toughest. In addition Medinl rely on the knowledge, experience and expertise of top mountain guides such as Peter Geyer. They test our boots in alpine and high-alpine terrain on expeditions and mountain routes. Their findings, experiences and demands are indispensable for further developmental and optimisation of Meindl boots.
- Laces reaching far down to the toes, asymmetric lines
- EVA shock absorption
- PU wedge throughout, becoming thinner towards the front. The cushioning EVA material ends in the area of the ball to feel the rock better
- The laces start very far forward, near the toes to ensure a secure hold of forefoot and toes. A perfect hold is particularly important for climbing. The eyelets are very flat and close to the boot.
Meindl Alpine Sole - Category D
- TPU midsole to control stiffness of the sole with integrated heel spoiler to mount crampons
- Rubber tip
- EVA midsole in various degrees of shock-absorption
- EVA shock absorber
- Vibram rubber profile sole Alpine - Suitable for crampons
Gore-Tex insulated comfort boots offer various insulation options to ensure dry and pleasantly warm boots, even at low to extremely low temperatures. A comfortable wearing experience in winter-like conditions such as raind, snow and ice - the whole day long.
Super light, stable, soft and shock absorbing. Meindl softline models are light as feathers which makes them ideal for long distance hikers who do not stop at rough terrain.
The innovation for best climate inside the boot and improved breath-ability. The Air Revolution concept was developed by Meindl in 2000; the path breaking technology has receive several awards.
Air Conditioned Footwear
The innovation for optimum conditions in the boot and improved breath-ability. The entire tongue is a combination of 3D mesh and a cushioning, reticulate, perforated sponge material that causes the pumping action. To achieve an anatomical shape, a stabiliser made from micro fleece is sewn on the tongue. A very strong Velcro strap is integrated in the forefoot area and at the end of the tongue to secure the tongue.
More Ventilation, More Pump-Action
The technology of the Air Revolution line was further improved. In addition, a shock has been developed that is tailored to the function of the boot and makes the Air Revolution system perfect.
The tongue now has newly defined ventilation ducts. The big ventilation perforation is on both sides and covered my mesh material. Thus there is no impairment of ventilation or reduction of sturdiness. The waisted tongue adjusts perfectly to the shape of the foot. Also new are the reticulated, large-pored foams that are used and have a positive effect on adaptability.
An excellent outdoor experience for those hungry for exercise. Soft and comfortable with a profiled sole for a good grip, Meindl's Light Hiker models ensure pleasant hikes and other leisure time activities. They are eve n perfect partners for everyday life.
Compared to injection moulding, lasting offers more dimensional stability because the upper is mounted over the last. The leather comes down as far as the insole - this is what makes the boot's quality so outstanding.
Easy Lacing Eyelets
Thanks to it's special shape, the lace runs easily through the eyelets. The eyelets themselves are made from metal and as such, are very sturdy.
Multfrip & Multigriff Soles
About 30 years ago, Meindl developed the multigrip profile and has been used ever since. Concave cross-section, high skid resistance at the edges, good shock absorption characteristics and self cleaning profile with abrasive are are the predominate elements of the Meindl Multigrip sole, which is exclusively made for Meindl by Vibram. Also available in a modified design and appropriate to the category of use. Scientific tests undertaken at the University of Tubingen are a valuable support in developing these well known sole profiles.
Meindl For Kids
Meindl take particular care when making boots & shoes for children, always taking the latest findings into account. Sturdy. Flexible. Durable. Multi-functional. The Meindl children's range also offers a misdsole perfectly combined with the outsole to support gentle heel-to-toe movement and a natural stride. 6 important features:
- Removable footbed for ideal adjustment to the foot
- Softly padded tops to ensure comfortable yet secure hold in the shoe
- Special children's last ensuring more space for the toes.
- Tread profile with a good grip for safety and secure grip
- Reflectors increase visibility and safety
- Impact protection withstanding even the roughest demands
Best Fit Footbed
A child's shoe that fits perfectly is ideally about 12mm longer than the child's foot in the toe area. Meindls removable Best-Fit footbed makes trying on shoes much more pleasant for children and makes finding the perfect shoe easier.
Magic - Speed Hiking/Trail Activity & X0 System
A new trend that packs a punch! Fast. Light. Demanding. Intensive. For recreatiom after winter sports such as cross country skiing or ski tours, to build up stamina before competitions or as a sport in it's own league - speed hiking is a highly individual and intensive outdoor experience for all those who love physical exercise. What is essential for this sport is the perfect equipment. The new speed hiking models made by Meindl are extremely light, very stable and comfortable.
Contragrip Sole System With X0 Technology
The contragrip system predicts the foot from below, but at the same time allows natural heel-to-toe movement thanks to the flex system. The non-slip sole profile ensures optimum grip and prevents you from slipping, even in extreme trail running terrain. The system of the trail runner stands out with it's low weight.
Meindl Contagrip Sole
The sole is based on a Nylon heel cup that offers high stability and strength. Midsole and shank stabiliser across the entire sole. Non-slip rubber tread with integrated traction control. Tread design and flex system with optimum positioning of studs to support the rolling heel-to-toe movement.
- Contragrip trail runners allow outstanding control, even in extreme conditions
- Special last - wide stance but flat forefoot
- High lateral and twisting stability thanks to shank stabiliser
- Thin midsole so you can feel the ground under your shoes
- Secure fit
- Extremely stable heel fixation
- Tailored sole concept
Magic Classic Pro
A classic in the truest sense. Of a proven, award winning quality, these extremely sturdy and multi-functional shoes and boots are perfectly suited for the most varied demands in everyday life.
Not magic, but sophisticated technology: a ventilating system and lacing that reaches towards the toe to make these shoes the perfect companions. Soft cushioned fashionable, with good grip and optimum fit.
Comfort Fit - Wellness Sport
On your feet all day long and still feeling great in your shoes? A distinct rounded supports and enhances the natural rolling movements. The wide shape and softly cushioned footbed makes walking and hiking trips and any sports activity a pleasant experience while de-stressing body and mind. The proven multigrip design with pronounced profile is at it's best in these shoes. Sharp heel and new cleats for good grip.
Comfort Fit - Wellness Hiking
The typical comfort fit feel makes these boots extremely pleasant to wear. Fitted with a natural cork footbed, our Wellness Hiker models are very comfortable to wear, not least thanks to their comfortable width.
Multigrip Comfort Hiker
The proven multigrip design with very pronounced profile is at it's best in these shoes. Sharp heel and new cleats for good grip. The EVA wedge across the entire forefoot area reaches down to the tip of the sole and ensures perfect cushioning. The rubber tread profile in the forefoot area reaches high up.
Wellness Hiker Footbed Concept
The entire Comfort Fit footbed consists of cork. To bind the cork, some binding agent is used to ensure high moisture permeability of the footbed. The moisture is taken up and transported by the integrated fleece.
- Natural cork footbed throughout
- Volume balance in the joint thanks to PU foam
- Poron shock absorber along the entire length, for soft cushioning
- Absorb 3000: good moisture absorption and high wear resistance
- Integrated fleece to take up and transfer moisture
Advantages Of Natural Cork - Purely Natural
- Lightness - As 89% of it's structure is gaseous, the density of cork is extremely low (between 480 & 520kg/m3)
- Elasticity - The unique structure of the cells makes the footbed so pleasant to wear - both standing and walking
- Moisture Control - Climate regulating thanks to unique moisture control
- Heat - Cork adjusts to the temperature and ensures a pleasant climate in the shoe
- Ecologically Sustainable - Thanks to the sensible economic use of cork oak, the preservation of cork forests and hence the ecological balance is ensured